2017-2018 Tournament Calendar and Invitations

2017-18 Tournament Calendar

This is not a comprehensive list of tournaments. If you find one missing, edit this post and add it (or add a comment with the details and I’ll update it). Please include the tournament name, college/location, number of prelims and swing/single, and any special features like CX or topic areas.

JUN

JUL

AUG

SEPT

• 15-17 – Georgia B. Bowman @ William Jewell College (Liberty, MO) // 8 prelims, double prep R1/R2, CX + prep time, no topic areas
  • 22-24 – James ‘Al’ Johnson Memorial @ Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) // 5 prelims, appropriate elims
  • 22-24 –Golden Gate Opener @ San Francisco State University (San Francisco, CA)
  • 23-24 – NW Parli Warmup @ Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) // 5 prelims, relaxed schedule
  • 29-10/1-- Rice University Classic @ Rice University (Houston, TX)

OCT

NOV

• 3-4 – Hollatz Debates @ Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL)
  • 3-4 – Trapper Rendezvous @ Northwest College (Powell, WY)
  • 3-5 – Pacific Meets the Delta Swing/Paul Winters/Pat Kennedy RR (Stockton, CA)
  • 3-5 – Sooner Showdown @ University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) // NPDA, IE, LD, IPDA, team IPDA
  • 10-12 – Robert Barbera Invitational @ CSU Northridge (Northridge, CA)
  • 10-12 – Mahaffey Invitational @ Linfield College (McMinnville, OR)
  • 11-12 – Falcon Classic & Birds of a Feather Swing @ Bowling Green State University (Bowling Green, OH)
  • 11-12 – Top City Classic @ Washburn University (Topeka, KS) // 6 prelims, National RR format (CX + prep, topic choice in elims)

DEC

• 1-3 – Winter Is Coming @ Western Wyoming CC (Rock Springs, WY) // 5 rounds of NPDA, IPDA, IE swing

JAN

• 4-7 – Mile High Swing @ University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) // Swing, new 4-day schedule, IE tournament
  • 19-21 – West Texas Dustup @ Texas Tech University (Lubbock, TX) // 6 rounds, backside rebuttals
  • 20-21 – Copeland Invitational @ Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
  • 26-27 – Carnival Classic @ Tulane University (New Orleans, LA)
  • 26-28 – Borderland Swing @ El Paso Community College (El Paso, TX)
  • 26-28 – Scheller Invitational @ Pacific University (Forest Grove, OR)
  • 26-28 – Keeling Invitational @ Chabot College (Hayward, CA)
  • 27-29 – Jannese Davidson Memorial Tournament @ Concordia University Irvine (Irvine, CA)

FEB

• 9-11 – Sweetheart Swing @ University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) // NPDA, IE, LD, IPDA, team IPDA
  • 9-11 – Talk Hawk @ Las Positas College (Livermore, CA)
  • 10-11 – Missouri Classic @ University of Missouri (Columbia, MO) // 8 prelims, no topic areas, I-70 cup awarded
  • 16-18 – Western States @ Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
  • 23-25 – David Frank Tournament of Scholars @ University of Oregon (Eugene, OR)
  • 23-25 – NCFA Spring Champs @ Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill, CA)
  • 24-25 – National Round Robin @ Rice University (Houston, TX) // May change to 3-day schedule (2/23-25)

MAR

• 7-11 – CCCFA @ Sacramento
  • 12-13 – International Forensics Association tournament @ Montreal, Canada
  • 16-17 – Cleveland State Forensics Classic @ Cleveland State CC (Cleveland, TN)
  • 23-26 – NPDA @ Lewis & Clark College (Portland, OR)
  • 28-31 – NPTE @ Lewis & Clark College (Portland, OR)

APR

• 9-14 – Phi Ro Pi @ Daytona Beach, FL
  • 28 – NCFA Spring Fling @ Ohlone College (Fremont, CA)

2016-2017 Tournament Calendar and Invitations
Welcome to NPDA Kit
pinned #2

This is what I have so far
Sfsu 9/24-9/26
Reno 10/20-10/22
CSUN 11/3-11/5

edit:
adding this link because reasons
http://www.norcalforensics.com/tournament-calendars/tournament-schedule/

Georgia B. Bowman Season Opener- September 15-17, 2017 @ William Jewell College
Double-Prep Preset R1/R2, 8 Prelims, Cross-X + Prep Time, No topic areas.
Invitation should be available by mid-May. Flirting with idea of longer preparation period (30 minutes) :slight_smile:

@kdennis I’m assuming you meant September 15-17 and you’re not condensing the Bowman to a single day :wink:

Haha. Correct.

The McKendree University swing will be October 20-22. I’ll post the invite next week.

NPDA will be March 23 (registration and business meetings day) with competition March 24-26 at Lewis & Clark.

The NPTE will be March 28 (registration day) with competition March 29-31 also at Lewis & Clark.

Updated dates: The Golden Gate Invitational will be 10/28-10/29 at UC Berkeley

Received these on Parli-L:

Aztec/Mills Invitational October 6-8 at SDSU
Missouri Mule/Dale Carnegie Swing October 20-22 at University of Central Missouri
Falcon Classic & Birds of a Feather Swing November 11-12 at Bowling Green State University
Borderland Swing January 26-28 at El Paso Community College

Hey Matt, is SFSU really a Sunday-Tuesday, or did you mean Sept 22(friday) to 24 (sunday)?

Edit: Saw your link, edited the calendar to reflect it’s Friday the 22nd-Sunday the 24th. :slight_smile:

That was what Teddy sent me on FB, seems a little off though you’re right, lol.

Some additional dates for PNW tournaments:
–Oct 13-15 Steve Hunt Classic @ Lewis & Clark College
–Nov 10-12 Mahaffey Invitational @ Linfield College
–Jan 26-28 Scheller Invitational @ Pacific University (OR)
–Feb 9-11 David Frank Tournament of Scholars @ University of Oregon

Hey All, I lost the dates for the Natl. RR. Trying to plan that out for next year at Rice but I forgot when it was supposed to be and if they were going to change it to a 3 day experience?

Thanks,
matt

National Round Robin should be March 3-4. Might move to a 3 day schedule since it looks like there will be growth. Need to talk to Konrad and gather the opinions of the 2017 participants for a final decision (in addition to talk to Dave about room availability).

-KD

Northwest College will host the Trapper Rendezvous November 3-4, in Powell, WY.

From Trevor:

We’d like to invite you to the 2017 Golden Gate Invitational on October 28-29 at UC Berkeley. As usual, we’ll be hosting a 2-day NPDA parli tournament. We anticipate keeping our 2016 schedule and offering 6 rounds plus outrounds, but will have final details once we send out the formal invitation. And as always, please reach out to us for any financial accommodations (particularly for small/student-run teams), and we’ll see what we can do.

James ‘Al’ Johnson Memorial Speech and Debate Tournament, September 22-24th 2017, NPDA debate tournament (5 prelims and appropriate elims)
Saw this on Forensicstournament, might want to check with Julian but just wanted to pass it on!

Can confirm that the Northwest Warm-up will be Sept. 23-24 at Bellevue College.

I am just now seeing that the dates for Berkeley have changed. We (the PNW region) adjusted our regional tournament calendar based on the original dates so that some of our programs could attend. It is understandable that dates change, I am just wondering how stable these new dates are. TIA