Beach Boys: Wish They All Could Be California Girls

What does the song mean?

Do they want all the girls in the U.S. to be like the girls in California or do they want all the girls in California to be like the girls in the whole U.S.?

Hmmm…

Jed=too much time on his hand

Being a California girl myself I think they want all the girls to be just like us cause we are the best, of course now I’m a Colorado girl, so um, yeah, we rock too.

kiki
What kind of girl you are doesnt really change. Once a California girl always a CA girl. The thin air of CO could never take that away from you.
zack

What does the song mean?
Clearly it means that they all girls everywhere could be like Kiki. :slight_smile:

Jed=too much time on his hand
Obviously not if he couldn’t figure that out on his own. :stuck_out_tongue:

Comig on Net Benefits is so good for my self esteem!! First I was better than Britney and now I’m everything the Beach Boys want! :slight_smile:

Always a Cali Girl,
kiki

I think they purposefully made it vauge so that they could tell all their girls that the song was about them.

The Beach Boys wish that all girls in the US could be California Girls so that when they leave California, they didn’t have to deal with–in their sexist view–substandard female meat :smiley:

“The Beach Boys wish that all girls in the US could be California Girls so that when they leave California, they didn’t have to deal with–in their sexist view–substandard female meat”

But the whole song is about the virtues of a wide variety of female meat. Brian Wilson is singing the praises of all different kinds of female meat. My analysis, The Beach Boys don’t find any of the female meat to be substandard, they just whish they didn’t have to go so far to get a piece.

My interpretation has always been “Yeah, Northern Girls are great, Southern Girls are great” but them being great just shows how much greater the California Girls must be.

Although, when I was young and listening to the song, I thought perhaps they were saying, “Wish they all could meet California girls” and with a much older mind I have translated this to mean that they wanted to have a backline to some really hot lesbian action.

Imagine if they had done a version about English women, I do not think it would have been received very well at all. I know that Russ Abbot did a parody of this song entitled Upper Norwood Girls, ( a suburb in London) it was quite funny.

well said!!