Candidacy for moderator of Points of Reality

Stannard has nominated me to fill the remaining duration of Army CPT’s term as moderator of Points of Reality. I accept the nomination, though going over the site’s mod policies, I do not see any provisions for a special election following a successful impeachment of an incumbent moderator (presumably because there are two mod slots, and if one mod was removed, the other could continue to mind the store). However, I believe Points of Reality is currently moderator-less. So, I created this thread to lay out my brief moderation philosophy, and to ask if there is anyone who would also be interested in serving as well. If you’re interested (since I think there are two mod slots), please feel free to post your mod philosophy, and if there are three or more folks who are interested, I’d be happy to ask Alan (or whoever) if they’d be willing to tabulate an election.

My moderation platform is as follows:

I reserve the right to censor posts/threads for the following circumstances:
-Anonymous account abuse (I intend to follow the protocol for approving anonymous posts too)
-Involuntary outing of identifying information of anonymous accounts or poll participants
-Incitements of violence or threats made against another person
-Presence of spam or advertising from users

I reserve the right to lock and/or split threads for the following circumstances:
-All of the circumstances listed above
-Flame wars (I’m mostly content to let people make asses of themselves, but if I’m asked to intervene in a flame war, I will do so, but I won’t delete the posts; I’ll only lock/split the thread.)

Upon request, I am willing to move, split, or sticky threads.

I otherwise don’t really plan on intervening in stuff as a mod. If you have any questions about my platform or how I would enforce it, please feel free to ask, either here or privately via PM.

So when is this death match going down?

Patrick can correct me, if he’s changed his mind, but I believe the plan is to leave POR unmoderated until the normal May elections.

Blech, my bad – I forgot I hadn’t gotten back to you about that one.

My understanding was that we were overdue for a regular election and thus we could run the election concurrent with the reschedule regular one sometime December-ish. You corrected me and said that we’re not, in fact, overdue, which means the next election won’t be until May. That strikes me as a mite long.

If you’re available to run the election, you can do it at your convenience. Otherwise I’ll do it in late December.

Well, since we have the candidates, let’s just get it done.

Voting is open from now until next Wednesday, Nov. 26th at 1 pm EST.

Please PM votes to elections or me.

Alan

We usually have two mods per forum, I am guessing only one person ran last time and this lead to a void. As such, wouldn’t it make sense to have them both mod and, if people are unsatisfied, blame them yet again for not providing an apt alternative to either party?

What Mallen said.

[QUOTE=syphos;207414]We usually have two mods per forum, I am guessing only one person ran last time and this lead to a void. As such, wouldn’t it make sense to have them both mod and, if people are unsatisfied, blame them yet again for not providing an apt alternative to either party?[/QUOTE]

I could live with that. And if people end up thinking I am too deep in the pockets of evil corporations after my first term, they should feel free to write in Ralph Nader on their ballots.

I’m okay with a two person consul position, as long as I can still crown myself dictator for life afterwards.

[QUOTE=DarthYoshi;207417]if people end up thinking I am too deep in the pockets of evil corporations after my first term, they should feel free to write in Ralph Nader on their ballots.[/QUOTE]
Can they call you an Uncle Tom first?

J

If Patrick has no problem with it, then neither do I.

Nihil obstat.

Well after checking my Catholic to English Dictionary, congrats to both DarthYoshi and ArabianKnight. I’ll give you both mod powers now.

Well after checking my Catholic to English Dictionary

Hah. Lawyer.