Chicago Job Opportunity for Debaters

Hey everyone,

Not sure how many people are on these boards that I still know, but this is worth a shot… I used to debate for WKU, and in my current position as Director of Communications for Chicago managed futures brokerage Attain Capital Management, I’ve cultivated a deep admiration of debaters in our CEO. We’re hiring for a position that will be pretty data and research intensive, and he made it very clear that if I can find a well-suited debater, he wants to hire them. As for me, I feel like debaters are the perfect co-workers, so I’m game.

So, if you’re looking for a job, and think you meet most of the requirements listed below, shoot me an email at lnelson@attaincapital.com before applying and I’ll see what we can work out. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here as well.

Hope everyone’s doing well! I miss the parli circuit something fierce…

[B][U]Research Analyst[/U][/B]

Are you a “numbers” person? Do you thrive in a high pressure, data intensive, deadline driven atmosphere? Are you constantly striving to improve your work, process and self? If so, you may be well suited as our next Research Analyst!

Attain Capital Management is hiring a Research Analyst to help staff our trading desk and assist our publications department in data analysis. As a leading managed futures investment brokerage, Attain strives to lead the industry in public education, industry research, and customer service through effective writing, proactive communication, trading prowess and a deep desire to assist customers. With thousands of research pieces to our name, decades of industry experience, and a passion unrivaled by the competition, Attain is looking to expand our team with a resourceful, experienced and meticulous go-getter.

[B]Responsibilities[/B]
[LIST]
[]To be a member of our in-house trading desk, executing trading signals in real time throughout the day for Attain clients (no market or trading knowledge needed, will train).
[
]To calculate data and prepare visual representations for Attain publications, such as our weekly newsletter and daily blog, in an accurate, efficient and aesthetically pleasing manner.
[*]To do basic programming (Visual Basic & SQL queries) in support of trade desk and research roles, with eye to scaling those departments via efficiency gains.
[/LIST]

[B]Requirements[/B]

[I][B]Computer Proficiency [/B][/I]
[LIST]
[]Excel- Charting, pivot tables, visual basic macros
[
]SQL and SSRS experience, including writing queries
[]CSS, HTML, and PHP understanding
[
]Graphic Design- Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator (preferred)
[/LIST]

[I][B]Research Prowess[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[]Ability to effectively use generic and specialized search engines to find information
[
]Skilled in quickly processing and understanding information
[*]Talented in both micro and macro analysis of problems or issues
[/LIST]

[I][B]Dynamic Work Ethic[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[]Master at multi-tasking on a minute-by-minute basis
[
]Able to take criticism and learn from it
[]Not intimidated by wearing multiple hats
[
]Excited by the prospect of an ever-evolving position
[/LIST]

[I][B]Communicative Excellence[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[]Able to process and respond to requests in a rapid manner
[
]Unafraid to ask questions and expand horizons
[]Adept at isolating problems and finding solutions in a team-based atmosphere
[
]Ability to effectively convey ideas and thoughts
[/LIST]

[I][B]Professional or Academic Experience Preferences[/B] [/I](Not required, but will increase your competitiveness)
[LIST]
[]Bachelor’s Degree
[
]Background in Finance, Debate, Math or Engineering
[*]Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving
[/LIST]

[B]Most Importantly…[/B]

We believe that the most successful candidate for any position is one who is passionate and driven. Even if you are not a perfect fit in the above categories, if you have an above average capacity to quickly learn and adapt on the job, you will be light years ahead of other candidates applying. Resumes with specific examples of tasks handled and results gained, along with verifiable references, will be given preference. Candidates eager to learn and grow with an expanding company are more likely to be considered. Selected candidates will be asked to complete both a data analysis and writing test prior to hire.

[B]Why Attain?[/B]

Attain Capital is a rapidly growing investment brokerage located in the Chicago Loop. Hired candidates will enjoy:
[LIST]
[]A passionate, helpful team atmosphere
[
]Easy access to public transportation
[]A competitive salary and benefits package
[
]Room for expansion and growth
[]Assistance in furthering their education
[
]An exciting career in a fascinating industry
[/LIST]

To apply, please send your resume, cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for the job, and three professional or academic references to hr@attaincapital.com (no phone calls please). Qualified candidates will be contacted with testing materials within two weeks time.