no one is doing it.
it needs to be done.
there’s about 100 new users that need to be sorted, and, well, it’s after my bed time and I won’t have time to sort through that many until this weekend.
What do I need to do to moderate new users?
- Go to the admin panel - and click on moderate users.
- You will have to click on every single new user’s name, and look at the account. (I right-click, and “open in a tab” on the user names, that way I keep the original list intact.)
- Look at the account and decide which group it belongs to:
Group A - spam sign up, sometimes the username or email address gives it away “free viagra now,” but other times you need to look at their homepage url - if they’ve put a spam type site there - it’s a spam sign up.
Group B - looks like it might be a real user, but they didn’t put a name or other identifying information in.
Group C - real user, used a real name to sign up with.
- If it’s a group A - delete the account, and you are done.
- If it’s group B - approve the account, AND move the user to the Anonymous User usergroup.
- If it’s group C - approve the account.
And, yes, it would take me a lot longer to actually do this with the number of users waiting moderation than it took me to write it.