NPDA Fall 2019 Business Meeting: Preliminary Documents & Call for Items

Hello to All My Fellow Members of this Zany NPDA Debate Assemblage:

It is I, your friendly neighborhood Cheese—in my full regalia as your Executive Secretary. I am writing today for two purposes: 1/ To offer reminders about NPDA Sanctioning, and 2/ To formally announce the Fall Business Meeting.

First, NPDA Sanctioning.

1. Sanctioning and Entry of points is in full swing. I have currently entered every tournament for which I have received a request, and all results for fully sanctioned tournament have been published. If you have any questions, or notice any errors—please let me know!

2. In order to be sanctioned by the NPDA tournament directors need to:

3. Be regular or affiliate members of the NPDA (if you were a regular member last year, we assume you will renew your membership this year—if you don’t, then that’s an issue for next year :blush:).

4. Complete the required Title IX training for your team/director (your documentation must be for the current year [in this case, the 2019-2020 school year]).

5. Submit sanctioning forms through the NPDA website no less than 30 days before their tournament.

6. Send the results from your tournament to npdaexecutivesecretary (at) gmail (dot) com within 21 days of the conclusion of your tournament. I will also accept submissions to this address, and forward them all by myself to the proper location! Please be sure to include the records of teams debating, in which division they debated, and what occurred during out-rounds. I work to have data entry completed the week following a tournament, so timely submission of results is highly appreciated.

7. Tournaments which fail to meet the above deadlines may not be sanctioned by the NPDA—or be provided only with Probationary Sanctioning until they comply with requirements. Tournaments marked with Probationary Sanctioning will not count towards Sweepstakes Awards until they are fully in compliance with NPDA mandates.

Second, The Fall Business Meeting.

1. This year, the NPDA Fall Business meeting will take place on Thursday, November 14, 2019. It will be held at the Baltimore Convention Center, in Room 345 (300 Level), from 12:30PM-1:45PM.
  2. The Preliminary Agenda is attached, along with the minutes from the Spring Business meeting.
  3. Other Items:
  • If you would like to submit a proposal for consideration, please email it to me—either at this address, or at npdaexecutivesecretary@gmail.com. I would appreciate it if you could include a rationale , as well as the current language of the bylaw or constitutional article you wish to propose a change to, which clearly marks what language you would like to alter.
  • Because I am running a little behind this year, I will be finalizing the agenda on November 4, 2019. All proposals for the meeting must be submitted by that date.

Thank you for your kind attention. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kyle/Cheese

2019-Fall-Business-Meeting-Agenda.docx (22.3 KB)
2019-Fall-Spring-Business-Meeting-Minutes.docx (25.9 KB)

Hi Friends,

Sorry for the excessive posting, but two errors have come to my attention:

1/ Mike Middleton is not the National Tournament Director—his watch has ended :blush:

2/ Our Vice-President is Wendell King from Texas Southern; and I apologize for my oversight in updating the officers.

Have a great evening!

Kyle/Cheese

Good Day, Friends!

I am here, digitally, bumping this Net-Benefits thread, to provide the final agenda for the Fall 2019 NPDA Business Meeting. In the end, there are 4 proposals for consideration; at the meeting, I will be providing 25 hard copies of the agenda document for consideration.

If you are an interested party, but not planning on being attendance at NPDA, and would like to offer a comment about any of the above proposals—feel free to send them to me, and I will work to have them summarized or included in the minutes, and during the meeting. Additionally, I will follow comments on Net-Benefits to some extent.

For the purposes of the meeting, I will be providing a redacted, single-page version of the final two proposals (and full single-page versions of the first two) with the 25 hard copies of the agenda. If you would like a copy of the full proposal at the meeting, I would suggest bringing one, either in hard copy or digitally.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Thursday!

Kyle/Cheese

2019-Fall-Business-Meeting-Agenda.docx (26.2 KB)
2019-Fall-Spring-Business-Meeting-Minutes.docx (25.9 KB)
2019-Fall-Proposal-Name-Change-Full.pdf (187.0 KB)
2019-Fall-Proposal-Desiganted-Tournaments-Full.pdf (132.5 KB)