NPTE 2019 invite & updates

NPTE 2019 Invitation

I’m pleased to invite you to the 2019 National Parliamentary Tournament of Excellence to be hosted by the University of Nevada, Reno. Please see the attached invitation for important dates, hotel reservations, etc. I have also attached the Certification form and the Program Responsibility form.

2019 NPTE Invitation.pdf (540.2 KB)

NPTE 2019 Certification Form.pdf (585.6 KB)

NPTE 2019 Program Responsibility Form.pdf (331.9 KB)

NPTE Board and 2019 Topics

Vice President Ashley Nuckels Cuevas resigned from her position on the Board effective Jan. 1, 2019. I have sincerely enjoyed working with Ashley since she joined the Board, and I appreciate her service to the NPTE and the debate community.

In order to keep the topic process moving forward, I appointed Zach Schneider as Topic Committee Chair, and he was joined by Joe Provencher (Texas Tech), and Joel Erickson (Wheaton). Thank you, Zach, Joe, and Joel for completing your work on the Topic Committee. Zach deserves special recognition for taking on extra Board responsibilities during the past few weeks.

NPTE Board nominee Brittany Hubble (El Camino) agreed to begin her service on the Board effective immediately, and the Board unanimously elected her as the new Vice President of the NPTE. I am grateful for Brittany’s willingness to serve and for the opportunity to work alongside her.

If you have any questions or if I can help with anything, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Rebecca