Sexual Harassment Survey

My name is Ron Price, and I am the assistant coach at the College of Idaho, as well as a student at Boise State University. I am currently working on my McNair Capstone project, and am writing to ask for your program’s participation in a brief survey. This is a multi‐college survey striving to document the sexual harassment experiences of LGBTQ+ students within the Intercollegiate Speech and Debate community. There is currently very little data concerning LGBTQ+ experiences within speech and debate, and I invite you to help me address this gap in research and create a more equitable environment for students and educators alike. The responses to this survey will help us evaluate the current environment within Collegiate Speech and Debate so that we can design protocols for addressing sexual harassment within our community (specifically) and higher academia (generally).

Participants in the survey must be at least 18 years old, identify as LGBTQ+, and be a current member of an intercollegiate speech and debate team. The survey is brief and will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. If you wouldn’t mind passing this along to your students, the link below takes you to the survey (or copy and paste the link into your browser).

Survey link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNu3JD11QryTVZ6ZjJ704m3bx1McaQIsit8XU7vk2-25sbwQ/viewform?usp=sf_link.

Participation in the survey is completely voluntary and all of the responses will be kept confidential. No personally identifiable information will be associated with the responses to any reports of these data. The Boise State University Institutional Review Board has approved this survey. Protocol Number: 041-SB18-161. Should you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at ronprice@u.boisestate.edu.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation. Feedback from student participants is very important to us. Please feel free to share the survey link to any programs and students that would benefit from participation in this study. Thank you. Have a great day!