When was the last time you saw video footage of the September 11th attacks?

When was the last time you saw video footage of either the impacts or the collapse of the World Trade Center?

No disrespect to the Pentagon victims, but there’s very little footage of that attack.

To answer a backchannel I just got – no, this thread has no political purpose. I am investigating the permeance of informal censorship for a personal project of mine.

I think you also need to keep in mind the extent (or lack thereof) to which some people actually even watch TV.

Yeah, I never watch TV news, so like, it’s been almost three years.

I’m with Ian, I never watch tv news - really I don’t watch tv in general, with the obvious exceptions of hockey and football, and the occassional viewing of the simpsons.

J

y’all are like a lot of your generation – which has the TV people worried. You spend much more time with your computer screen than the TV screen…

Patty

Andrea and I both saw it, in separate incidents, no more than a few days ago. I don’t think it’s quite that rare, so I picked other.

Dan

Originally posted by Pattybar
[B]y’all are like a lot of your generation – which has the TV people worried. You spend much more time with your computer screen than the TV screen…

Patty [/B]

Good. Keep em worried.

I don’t watch TV news either, I get most of my info from magazines and online papers.

Andrea and I both saw it, in separate incidents, no more than a few days ago. I don’t think it’s quite that rare, so I picked other.

What exactly was the context, Dan? I’m genuinely curious.

I last saw the Trade Center footage on whatever date I last watched “Bowling For Columbine”. It’s not the entire footage, but, then again, neither is a tv clip. I can’t even remember the last time I saw the Pentagon footage. It seems to have disappeared or something.

I answered “other,” too, because I’m not quite sure how to classify this. I saw a television program on one of the science/learning channels (Discovery or TLC, probably) about 4-6 weeks ago, discussing the engineering of the Trade Center buildings. Basically, the program discussed how the buildings were constructed and why they collapsed. So it was a TV show about the attacks, and it showed the footage of the attacks, but in another sense the attacks were incidental to the focus of the show, which was structural engineering.

Classify that as you will.

Andrea saw it in a story about the insurance trials. I can’t remember the context in which I saw it, other than that it was on the local Chicago news.

Dan

I haven’t seen the footage in a long time. But I will admit that I did have the footage on my computer for a while after 9/11 (probably for a week right after it). But that was more because I, coming from a family of scientists, was fascinated by the physics of it then anything else.

Does the fabricated footage from Bush’s campaign ad count? It doesn’t actually show the collapse of the buildings, but it has the firefighters and the rubble and all. Out of curiosity, what’s the ‘personal project’?